Family

Family

Monday, February 11, 2013

Drake's 2nd Birthday Bash

I'm not sure how it is possible for Drake to already be two years old, but he turned two today. This past Saturday we had a small birthday party for him to celebrate. The majority of the Bishops were able to join us in the celebration as well as a couple of our neighborhood kids.

I am not a big "theme" person, although I wanted to make some type of animal looking cupcake. Drake is pretty into marine animals right now, so I had originally thought of whales (he likes speaking whale like Dory from Finding Nemo. After doing an internet search, I quickly realized that whales were out of my decorating abilities, so I settled on turtles. While I am not ready to be signed up for Cupcake Wars, I think my turtle cupcakes turned out pretty cute.
I also wanted to do make your own pizzas for the kids, but in the end, I just decided to make personal pizzas for everyone. Drake did jump in to help me with a lot of the rolling out of the pizza dough.
Just a few more pictures from the party. We appreciate everyone that was able to join us and missed everyone that was not able to come. Drake's 2 year old doctor's appointment is not until February 27th, but I will be sure to post his stats after that visit.

He blew out his candle on the first try!

Enjoying his ice cream

Taming Rody

No comments:

Post a Comment